Saturday, July 3, 2010

I Swear If I Run Into A Tree...

This past week was my first time going to girls camp as a leader. Or craft lady. Or stand-in YCL. Or ..... I don't know. But I went and it was great. I set out on this adventure with Mom and Bergen. The adventure of CRAFT LADIES! The three of us had a blast. And it was a true joy to have Kinsey there stopping by the craft cabin from time to time.
We arrived on Monday and within 30 minutes I was soaked through to the skin. Mom and Bergen were of course fine.
Generally the week is a haze of shrinky-dinks, beads, and yarn. Oh! And ducks.
I'll just put some of the most memorable moments up:

Monday:
(Mom and Dad arguing about Dad taking mom the the craft cabin in a wagon so she won't have to walk)
Dad: We can argue for a long time or you can just get in.

Thursday night:
(In the craft cabin with Mom and Bergen while they paint ducks)
Greta: I'm afraid I've been thinking. A dangerous pass time. I know. It's more than I can bear! More beer? What for? Nothing helps.
Mom: I think she's skipping things.
Greta: We named the dog Indiana. You were named after the dog? I had a lot of good times with that dog.
Bergen: Greta, you're off!

(Bergen and Greta walking from the Craft cabin in Camp C to the Infirmary in a camp so far away that it didn't get a letter late late at night)
Bergen: Do you have a flashlight?
Greta: Nope. Do you?
Bergen: Nope.
Greta: Lets do this.
(We're walking we're walking. Pitch Black)
Greta: Good thing I've got this camp memorized.
Bergen: I swear if I run into a tree *Wham!*
Greta: Sorry.

Friday:
(Greta in a LR 1 Cabin with Sister Gray)
Sis: What's your shirt say? Glood ding?
Greta: Blood Donor?
Sis: That does not look like blood donor.
Greta: GLOOD DING! It's my newest thing!
Sis: GLOOD DING!

(Late at night trying to pick up crafts)
Greta: Some kid painted a whole plate blue! Really!? Whose that bored!?
Bergen: These kids are so stupid! Ugh!.....Oh shoot. They're right outside.

Saturday Morning:
Greta: You know when you have a song stuck in your head, but you can't remember the words so you start adding your own? Well I have the "Tally me Bananas" song in my head.
(Singing) ~A nice bikini and a french banana!~
Bergen: How do you have all these random songs stuck in your head?
Greta: How do you not?

Bergen: Greta, you're off!
Greta: What is with my sisters telling me that I'm "off"? What are they on that I'm not!?

Camp was a great way to get my summer started and I cannot wait for the rest of summer!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Puzzle Piece,

    It's incredibly unfair that you get all these cool and quotable moments in your life.
    Share some of your awesome with me.

    Much love,
    Your other half

    ReplyDelete