Saturday, June 26, 2010

•♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥*•.Music To My Ears¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸♪♫•

Today was spent cleaning and cleaning. Nothing of much consequence happened until around 11:30 PM. The church Open House was over and Mom, Dad, Bergen, and I were home alone.
Now Picture this:
Dad is laying on the long couch in the living room already dead to the world.
Mom is lounging in her big green chair with her legs kicked up.
I am laying on the little couch curled up in a ball.
Bergen comes in and collapses on the floor.
THEN Mom proceeds to do a sort of roll off the chair and onto the floor in the same position as Bergen.
That image in and of itself is hysterical.
After a while mom starts mumbling to herself:
"I remember why I don't lay on the floor like this. Ever. It hurts. I'm in pain."
Greta: You're in pain?
Mama: It's killing me!
After more time passed I ended up on the floor so I could better imitate mom.

The rest of the evening included my imitations of the Youtube Videos "Tracy" and "Bonquiqui" and the family favorite real life talent: Mrs. Montanari! Bergen then stated with a surprised tone "Greta, you're funny...!"
And now at 1:20 AM I am crawling into bed.
Since I started blogging even more has happened. I heard a huge THUD and after typing a few more words I ran into the hall and asked "Who died!?"
Mama: Nobody.
Greta: What broke?
Mama: The toilet.
Greta: Bergen broke the toilet!?
Mama: No, she didn't break it. She dropped it.
Greta: What have I told you Bergen? Don't drop the toilet.

I would say that this has been a very successful evening in the Goesch Home. These are the kinds of nights for which I live. I love the sound of laughter. It is the best sound in the world....even if slightly ridiculous. Regardless, I love any excuse to make others laugh and experience joy.

Quote of the Day:
(Dad passed out on the couch, Greta laying on the floor)
Greta: Dad I have a very serious question to ask you?
Dad: No. You're not attractive.
Greta: But let me try it this time! (Does the alligator thing. If you don't know what that means ask about it later)
Dad: You freak.
Greta: No one's gonna marry me!


1 comment:

  1. I can't stop smiling after read this. I wish I were there to be part of the amazing chaos. :) Don't have too much fun without me.

    I love that I can totally picture the last coversation with you and Dad. hee hee hee.

    And P.S.- I LOVE what you did with the blog. How long did it take you to figure everything out? I might need you to help me redo mine. Love you!

    ReplyDelete